How to Make Money by Publishing eBooks for the iPhone

The success of eBooks has been an on and off factor for the final decade. Totally different readers and codecs come and go, with Amazon’s Kindle system wanting prefer it might need some endurance with over 225 thousand titles listed as of Might 2009.

Now you may add the iPhone and its buddy the iPod Contact as viable rivals to the Kindle for publishing eBooks. The iPhone has many eBooks obtainable free and for buy from the iTunes App Retailer however as well as there’s the brand new Kindle app for the iPhone and iPod Contact which provides readers entry to the entire Kindle library while not having to have the Kindle reader.

For aspiring writers and authors who’re already revealed, getting your eBooks listed on the market with Amazon and Kindle is a good way to start out. Your eBook could be uploaded and listed with out a lot time and price, and Amazon can pay you a royalty of 35% on every eBook bought for Kindle. The disadvantage? There are solely about 500 thousand Kindle items available on the market up to now.

Let’s distinction that with publishing your eBook for the iPhone and iPod Contact utilizing your individual iPhone app. You’ll first need to discover a certified iPhone developer to create your eBook app.┬áThere will probably be an upfront value to develop your software and the time to get your eBook listed within the iTunes App Retailer could be a number of weeks. On the plus facet, Apple takes solely 30% of the sale worth, leaving you with 70% vs. the 35% you get with Amazon/Kindle. And, keep in mind that the iPhone and iPod Contact have a mixed 40 million customers vs. simply 500 thousand for the Kindle.

There are additionally robust rumors of an upcoming super-iPod Contact, tentatively known as the iPod MediaPad, that will probably be slightly below the dimensions of the Kindle but can have a bigger display with HD Video functionality and full touchscreen keyboard – excellent for studying eBooks along with the whole lot else the iPod Contact already does.

There are particular benefits for publishing your eBook with Amazon for the Kindle and there are additionally benefits for publishing your eBook for the iPhone and iPod Contact utilizing a customized iPhone app. Authors who wish to monetize their publications ought to significantly think about making use of each the Kindle and iPhone publishing platforms.



Source by Christopher Stolee